Respite Stays at The Weils.
Submit an online inquiry form regarding respite stays.
Caregiving is a demanding role. It’s easy to neglect your own health and well-being when you are involved with addressing your loved one’s needs. To relieve stress and prevent burnout, caregivers, whether part or full-time, need periodic breaks.
Providing care for your family member or loved one 24/7 can be tough. We understand you need a break every now and then, but you can’t leave your family with just anyone. You need to feel good about the people with whom you are entrusting them. This is where The Weils comes in. We’re here for you.
One of the best ways for a caregiver to obtain a needed rest is to arrange a short-term stay for his or her loved one in a safe, caring and nurturing environment. These brief stays, called “respite” or “vacation stays,” are also available to help those recently discharged from the hospital who need a little extra help and aren’t quite ready to go home. Our respite/vacation stays provide individual attention and support, the comforts of home and the company of other residents.
Short-stay transition guests are offered:
- Fully-furnished suites with full kitchen and washer/dryer
- Three chef-prepared meals a day
- Wide variety of social and cultural activities and programs
- Scheduled transportation for medical and personal appointments
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Full service beauty and barber salon
- All utilities including phone and satellite TV
- Computer centers and library
- Assistance with activities of daily living – grooming, dressing, bathing, etc.
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy is available
Our respite stays can range from two-weeks to a couple of months, allowing you to take a short break, a long vacation or a business trip. And who knows? Your mom or dad or loved one might just need some time away to recharge and spend time with peers.
You can also think of a respite stay as a possible transition – many of our residents stayed at The Weils as a respite guest and when it came time to leave, they decided to make The Weils their home.
Before respite guests begin their stay we ask a lot of questions, from medication and sleeping preferences to favorite foods and interests. This helps us plan the appropriate services and care level for each individual. Most importantly, it also lets us get to know each guest as a person, rather than just as a visitor.
So the next time you need a break, give us a call at 440-996-0504 and we’ll give you our respite rates based on suite availability.